Group Photo 2010 Reunion
An extremely high quality 6+ megabyte image can be seen and downloaded from Barksdale AFB Images. Thanks to Buffdr for taking and making this image available.
18 Feb, 2014 Rendezvous Update
Rendezvous Hotel Selected | Schedule Firming Up
The headquarters hotel for the 2014 Rendezvous in Colorado Springs, 14-17 August, will be
the Colorado Springs Marriott, about halfway between the Air Force Academy and the city of
Registration materials will be sent to members in the Spring. If you are not a member, there is still time to join.
The planning schedule looks like this:
- Thursday: Heavy cocktail buffet.
- Friday: Air Force Academy; lunch at the Academy Club; group picture front of Diamond Lil;
the Ghost Town Wild West Museum. Dinner at The Airplane Museum, built in and around a retired KC-97 tanker.
- Saturday: Rock Ledge Ranch; the Garden of the Gods; Colorado Springs sites. Association dinner at the Marriott.
- Sunday: optional half-day to the former Lowry AFB in Denver; drive through what’s left of
the old tech training center; the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum.
Those who’ve never visited the Rocky Mountains before may want to make a week’s vacation
out of the trip. Tourist info can be found at the Colorado Springs web site at http://www.visitcos.com/.
Hotel reservations are available now by calling the Marriott at (719) 260-1800. Tell them
you’re with the B-52 Association to get the rate of $99 plus tax. Let them know if you plan to use
hotel transport from the airport. For those coming by air, it’s sometimes cheaper or more
convenient to fly into Denver and rent a car, depending on where you’re coming from.
See you at Colorado Springs in August!
A Great Way to Promote a Sense of Community & Share Experiences
One of the purposes of the Association—which we take very seriously—is to promote a sense of community, of shared experience among the tens of thousands of people who’ve been a part of the history of the B-52.
You Say Reunion, We Say Rendezvous
An important part of carrying
out this responsibility are our reunions,
which we call Rendezvous. We meet every other year on even-numbered years.
How We Select a Date & Location
Several considerations help select a specific date and site.
- We try to avoid conflicting with reunions of other organizations that our members are likely to want to attend.
- We try to pick a site that’s appropriate and affordable. Soon after organizing, it was decided to move the site around the country each time in recognition of the national scope of our membership. View map of past Rendezvous sites (.pdf) .
- Though not required, we have also tried to have some B-52 presence. We have met at both of the active B-52 bases, Barksdale AFB in Louisiana and Minot AFB in North Dakota, and at the sites of several museum and static display BUFs.